The Brown MPA degree is a one-year (summer – fall – spring) accelerated, full-time degree that prepares students with analytical tools, management skills, international study, and real world experience.
A typical student’s journey through the program includes the following:
- Professional skills bootcamp including writing, presentation, data analysis, and research workshops
- Core courses in economics, policy, quantitative analysis, and financial management
- Global policy immersion experience working with policymakers in France, Brazil, India, or China for 2.5-weeks
- Advanced courses in Policy Implementation and Policy Analysis & Evaluation
- Elective coursework from a policy track: Education Policy, Environmental Policy & Sustainability, Health Policy, International Security, Urban Policy, Economic Development, among others. Students can also design their own track.
- ‘Policy in Action’ internship for 12 weeks
- Advanced courses in Organizational Management & Behavior and Systems Dynamics
- Additional elective course in policy track
- Advanced topics and tools in public policy. Possible courses include: GIS, Law & Ethics, Public Service, Cost-Benefit Analysis
In addition to a full course load and action learning internship, students will enjoy career planning and placement support and will benefit from learning with a cohort of passionate change makers and future leaders.