Awarded to IR or DS students who need to travel to conduct fieldwork for an approved IR or DS senior thesis.
Funding for: thesis research
Amount: Up to $2,000
Eligibility: Rising seniors in International Relations (IR) or Development Studies (DS) writing a thesis for IR or DS concentration credit. Grant recipients are expected to submit a completed thesis the following April.
Application period: January 1 - April 25
To apply: UFunds
Contact: Anita Nester
These are competitive grants; applications must make a clear link between the proposed research travel and the student's objectives. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Completed UFUNDS application
- Itemized budget
- Specific dates of travel
- Thesis advisor endorsement -- must be from primary thesis advisor
- Proposal -- no more than 2 pages; should be clear, professional, and well-written; and must include the following:
- Working title at the top of the proposal
- Justification of the proposed travel to the completion of your thesis
- Description of the data or other materials that will be analyzed, methods of collection and analysis, people to be interviewed, etc.
- Explain how your research will be completed if this request is not funded or if other needed funds are not forthcoming
- Itinerary including each location and duration of stay
- Completed thesis submitted the following April
- 1-2 page reflective essay summarizing the experience. DUE two weeks from the start of the fall semester.
- 1-3 photographs that highlight the experience.