Undergraduate Student Research Travel Award Application Form
Up to $1,000 are available for Middle East studies undergraduate concentrators
- Travel is not limited to the Middle East, however, applicants must be conducting research in Middle East studies
- Priority will be given to students concentrating in Middle East studies using the funds towards research for the senior Capstone or Honors Thesis, not for attending conferences
- Students in concentrations other than Middle East studies but with Middle East-related research will be considered
- Previous award recipients will not be considered for another research travel award for two years. At all times, preference will be given to someone who is applying for the first time.
Deadline for Winter cycle is November 22, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. EST
Deadline for Spring-Summer cycle is April 3, 2020, 4:00 p.m. EST
- Undergraduate award recipients are required to produce a poster presentation showcasing their research during the DUG-organized MES presentation sessions that take place in the fall and spring semesters.
You will be asked to provide:
1, one page proposal
2. proposed itinerary
3. itemized budget
4. names of other funding sources (this will be viewed favorably)
5. letter of support from academic adviser, addressed to the Middle East Studies Director, email@example.com
6. contact information in US and overseas
Travel must be completed and original receipts (showing proof of purchase) must be submitted for reimbursement up to the amount of the award by January 24, 2020 for fall and by May 15, 2020 for spring. Research travel taken during the summer will be considered in the spring applications. The same deadlines apply.