All academic internships at the Naval War Academy are volunteer experiences. Regretfully, no funding is available. Interns should have availability in their schedules to complete internships which consist of at least 100 hours of volunteer time; this means at least one full day or two half days per week. Transportation is not provided.
Eligibility: US Citizens; IR, DS or Public Policy concentrators. Must be available at least one full day or two half days per week.
Application Periods: September 1 – November 25 (for spring internship), February 1 – April 20 (for fall internship)
To apply: UFunds
Contact: Anita Nester
- Completed UFUNDS application
- Description of availability dates (approximate is fine). Include an estimate of hours per week and whether you hope to intern mostly on the Naval War College campus or if you wish to do most research remotely.
- Statement of interest specifying the types of research and other types of opportunities you would like for your internship. If known, mention the NWC professor you intend to work with.
- Completed agreement forms. Contact Anita_Nester@brown.edu to obtain copies of these forms. (For form 2793, please check off 'appropriated' and fill in those boxes)
- Email or letter from Brown academic advisor or professor granting you permission to become an intern.
- Official transcript. Can be a scanned photocopy. Cannot be an online screen print of internal academic record.