2018-2019 Research Travel Awards
Middle East Studies Research Travel Awards
Research Travel Award Application Form
Up to $1,000 are available for Middle East studies undergraduate concentrators
Up to $1,500 for Middle East studies graduate students
- Travel is not limited to the Middle East, however, applicants must be conducting research in Middle East studies
- Priority will be given to undergraduate students concentrating in Middle East studies using the funds towards research for the senior Capstone or Honors Thesis
- Students in concentrations other than Middle East studies but with Middle East-related research will be considered
- Graduate applicant support will be based on travel focused specifically on conducting research for their dissertations.
Deadline for Winter is November 20, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. EST
Deadline for Spring-Summer cycle is April 1, 2019, 4:00 p.m. EST
- Undergraduate award recipients are required to produce a poster presentation showcasing their research during the DUG-organized MES presentation sessions that take place in the fall and spring semesters.
- Graduate students will be required to submit a written report by September 2, 2019 for spring/summer travel and by January 28, 2018 for winter travel. The report of up to 500 words should be on the outcome of their research-related travel.
You will be asked to provide:
1, one page proposal
2. proposed itinerary
3. itemized budget
4. names of other funding sources (this will be viewed favorably)
5. letter of support from academic adviser for undergraduates. A letter of endorsement from a member of faculty for graduate students. This should be addressed to the Middle East Studies Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
6. contact information in US and overseas
Travel must be completed and original receipts (showing proof of purchase) must be submitted for reimbursement up to the amount of the award by January 26, 2019 for fall and by May 11, 2019 for spring. Research travel taken during the summer will be considered in the spring applications. The same deadlines apply.