Gain Experience in the Field
The 12-week "Policy-in-Action" consultancy is a hands-on, one-credit learning program designed to help students shape and implement an innovative project with a client in the nonprofit, public, or private sector. Students apply their skills to address real problems while doing work consistent with their professional goals.
Throughout the three-month period, students participate in an online colloquium that brings together their cohort under the mentorship of a Brown faculty member. Each project will culminate in a final report that can be used during the career search process.
The “Policy in Action” consultancy is designed to:
- Provide a career springboard through a rigorous, practical immersion with a client.
- Focus on experiential learning and creative problem solving. Address complex contemporary problems, explore policy and practice-based solutions, and identify strategies and recommend future approaches.
- Develop policy and practice-related solutions to address policy issues and/or enhance an organization’s capacity.
- Accelerate proficiency in project management, stakeholder identification and analysis, systems and strategic thinking, and effective presentation of data.
- Deliver value for both community partners and students.