All IAPA students are strongly encouraged to meet with a faculty advisor as new concentrators and again as 7th semester seniors preparing to graduate. Topics for discussion could include course selection, study abroad, senior capstone projects, research opportunities, and approval of any transfer courses.
Reach out as soon as you’re able. Your assigned advisor and the Watson Faculty Advisory Committee are here to support you.
STEP 1: CONCENTRATION FORM
- Download and complete the IAPA Concentration Form.
- List courses for all 11 requirements.
- Include courses you've already taken and those you may plan to take to fulfill the requirements.
Note - this is a plan and is not set in stone.
STEP 2: MEET WITH THE MANAGER OF UNDERGRADUATE CONCENTRATIONS
- Make an appointment to meet with the Manager of Undergraduate Concentrations.
- The ASK override will be issued at that meeting.
- See IAPA/Advising for office hours and to sign up for an appointment.
STEP 3: SUBMIT IN ASK
- Create your course plan in ASK and compose responses to essay prompts.
- List all 11 courses, including language courses if applicable, and apply the relevant course tags.
- Select preferred advisor.
- Submit declaration and check email for notifcation of approval or request for revisions.