Watson Institute at Brown University
International and Public Affairs

How to File

To declare a concentration in International and Public Affairs, please undertake the following steps:

  1. Refer to the concentration's requirements page, and then complete the International and Public Affairs Concentration Form.
  2. Schedule a meeting with either Academic Program Manager Melissa Nicholaus or Academic Program Manager Anita Nester during their office hours to review your course plan. An override will be issued at that meeting, and you will also be directed to meet with a concentration track advisor.
  3. After meeting with Melissa Nicholaus or Anita Nester, fill out and submit your approved course plan in ASK. Note: If you have not obtained an override code in Step 2, you will not be able to begin the concentration declaration process in ASK. 
  4. Receive confirmation email from ASK. Be sure to check your email inbox for this confirmation. The concentration filing process is not complete until you receive confirmation.