Qualified undergraduates may work towards the A.B. in Latin American and Caribbean Studies with Honors.
Requirements to graduate with Honors:
- Maintenance of at least a A- average in the ten courses counting for the Latin American and Caribbean Studies concentration
- Maintenance of at least a B+ average in all course work at Brown
- Completion of a senior honors thesis or project with a grade of A
Graduating seniors with Honors in Latin American and Caribbean Studies are eligible for an award administered by the concentration for Outstanding Senior Thesis or Project.
Deadlines for the academic year 2020-2021 (please check, important changes)
- By end of the sixth semester: Students submit a one-page proposal to the concentration advisor, including their thesis or project title and short description. The thesis proposal must be signed by a primary advisor and a second reader. The project proposal must be signed by a primary advisor.
- By November 13: Students submit the first section of their thesis or project to their research advisor for review. They should agree with their advisor on the schedule for the remaining portions.
- By February 12: A draft of the entire thesis or project is due to the primary advisor and the second reader for review and feedback.
- By 5 pm EST on March 26: The final, complete senior honors thesis or project is due.
- Students submit one copy each to the primary advisor and the secondary reader and upload it to the Brown Digital Repository.
- Students submit one paper copy and one electronic copy to the concentration advisor.
- Students will make a short presentation on their research at an end-of-year event at CLACS