CLACS is thrilled to kick off the Spring 2016 semester with a full week of events! Join us for the following talks, panel discussions, and receptions beginning Monday, February 8th.
- Monday, 2/8:“The Political Economy of Subnational State-Society Relations in Argentina.”Jacqui Behrend (Universidad Nacional de San Martín), McKinney Conference Room, 12 p.m.Lunch will be served.
- Wednesday, 2/10: The Departmental Undergraduate Group of Latin American and Caribbean Studies is hosting aConcentration Open House: Latin American and Caribbean Studies.The reception will be held in the Watson Institute South Common Room(111 Thayer Street, second floor)from 11:30 am - 12:30 pm Refreshments will be served. This event is for undergraduates and faculty.
- Wednesday, 2/10:“Zika Virus: Separating Fact from Fiction.Brenna L. Hughes (Warren Alpert Medical School), Mark Lurie (Brown University School of Public Health), and Maria Mileno (Warren Alpert Medical School), Rebecca Reece (Rhode Island Department of Health’s Division of Preparedness, Response, Infectious Disease, and Emergency Medical Services), Joukowsky Forum, 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 2/11: Book launch and discussion of “A Fragmented Continent: Latin America and the New Global Politics of Climate Change.”Timmons Roberts (Brown University), Guy Edwards (Brown University), Isabel Cavelier (Permanent Mission of Colombia to the UN), Natalie Unterstell (Harvard Kennedy School of Government), Camila Bustos (Brown University class of ‘16), Ximena Carranza (Brown University class of ‘18), Joukowsky Forum, 11 a.m.
- Friday, 2/12: CLACS is thrilled to host aspecial information session for students interested in studying abroad in Latin America, the Caribbean, or Spain. This event will feature current Brown students who have recently studied abroad in the region Katherine Grusky(Santiago, Chile, Elizabeth Montoya(Barcelona, Spain),Emma Phillips(Havana, Cuba), and Eve Woldemikael(Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.The event will be held in the Watson Institute Kim Koo Library(111 Thayer Street, third floor) at 12 pm.Lunch will be served.